A third party cookie free future?

There has been a lot of press about how big tech companies are handling privacy & personalization. And now, Apple’s iOS 14.5 is launched along with the long-awaited privacy feature, App Tracking Transparency (ATT).

Apple's ATT feature highlights who is tracking you on your iPhone and gives you the option to stop it. Here is their ad: https://lnkd.in/eSz6dfz 

Here are some of the things I am considering:

Will this end opaque data collection systems? Which was the main reason why you were hounded by real estate ads for months after looking online for a house to rent.  

What this means for customers:

Transparency. We know who can and cannot keep info about us because they do so with our permission.  

What this means for advertisers:
Greater reliance on first-party data. We need to create avenues for customers to see value in sharing their info with us. E.g if I am a biker, I would happily share my info with a company if I know it increases their chances of serving me with nuanced info on biking gear that I actually WANT. And also, that they cannot further share that info with other parties (Other parties need to get my permission directly) 

Do share your views :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narendra Modi - protector of Hindutva?

The joke in stereotypes

Narendra Modi for PM? - No Thanks!