Twenty Eight



28. That’s today's date. But, more importantly that’s what I will turn tomorrow. What better time to return to the blog-world with a bang?

Inspired by a certain Miss Aurora Sky, I have decided to do an introspective piece to mark this special occasion in my life.

An irksome colleague succeeded in getting the better of me these last 2 weeks and I am ashamed of it. The outside world is always full of conflicts. But, it is very rare that the conflict effects my inside world. Usually, the words and actions that stem from the myopic do little to me other than make me pity them. But, this time, I found myself falling prey to emotions of distress and anxiety. Good thing my birthday came along and compelled me to do this introspection exercise.

The thing that caused the conflict in the outside world is stupid people, me included. But the things that caused the conflict inside my mind couldn’t be more insignificant compared to the things that really matter to me. That is why I am ashamed. I had lost sight. The things I pursue are far far more superior than what anyone can achieve via petty conflicts in office.

I want to be a good person. I want to spread good cheer. I want to laugh and make others laugh. I want to encourage peace of mind. I want to be helpful. I want to feel strongly but only for a worthwhile cause – the planet, hungry children, communal disharmony etc. This is what matters and I am not going to let corporate life come in the way of this goal.

Thankfully, so far, it is not corporate life that hindered my serene existence. It is one individual alone. The minute I looked at it like that, the crinkles on my forehead disappeared. I feel at peace again. I find it hilarious that I spent a few sleepless nights worrying over the misbehavior of one single individual. She is just an aberration. A tiny temporary aberration. And magically, the task of tackling the misconduct becomes a piece of cake.

Happy birthday Pooja. Here’s my gift to you – an imaginary placard to hold up to yourself in your mind always that says – “Remember what matters"

Comments

Brown Weed said…
holy cow! i didn't know.. happy birthday and many cheers to loads and loads of happiness!!
Chinchu said…
Happy birthday sweety! I am glad the discord has settled and you have better and bigger things to think of :)
x

chinchu
meraj said…
so glad you are sorted :)
meraj said…
and love the new look :)
Pooja Nair said…
Thank you Mr. Bo Cheers!

And thank you SO much Chinchu C!! xx
Pooja Nair said…
hey! thanks meraj! i was waiting for someone to say something about the new-look! and i knew you would like this book-book look. :)
Bhaskar Khaund said…
Man this is REALLY late in the day , but belated birthday wishes - from a fellow 28 year old ! :)) ...
Pooja Nair said…
thanks fellow "TWENTY EIGHT" year old!! :) Sure! :D

Popular posts from this blog

Narendra Modi - protector of Hindutva?

The joke in stereotypes

Narendra Modi for PM? - No Thanks!