Talking to animals




I like animals. They have a certain element of vulnerability and honesty that draws me to them.

In fact, I always talk to cats and dogs when i happen to come across one. And i am positive, they listen and respond. Even though it makes my husband think I'm nuts. (There are a lot many reasons that make him think that anyway! :) )

I love squirrels and birds too but I never talked to them. I just don't get the feeling that they will get what I am saying. So, i just watch them helplessly unable to say hello.

A few days back, however, a crow came and spoke to me!

It sat on my balcony railing and went on cawing. It took me some time to realize that he was talking to me and not calling out to a fellow crow.

He said to me,

"I am really hungry. Would you have something to feed me?"

I got him and answered,

"sure will a slice of bread do?..wait a minute"

The crow gratefully watched me while i opened a loaf of bread and took out a slice.

It did not stir when I walked right beside it in the balcony. There was nothing to fear. We were talking and he knew that we were friends. I placed the slice of bread next to him.

He looked up at me and said,

"thanks! you are an angel"

With that, he took the slice in his beak and flew off.

What do you know? I can talk to crows too! :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
The crows here just sit up high in my neighbor's palm tree and scold me and my dog. They are not a particularly trusting species.

How lucky you are to have made contact!
Vivek Nair said…
crows r one of the most intellegent creatures--its a fact! !
Gauri Gharpure said…
i had raised a squirrel called Sweetu and it jumped right on my shouler, stood on hind legs and talked in my ears. i ws 5-6 then. but this i remember distinctly. unbelievable, no? it got angry and impatient if i didn't nod or say yes, no, ok...
Pooja Nair said…
Ilegirl,

heh! thanks...I doubt i would be this lucky had i had a dog too.. :)

Vivek,

And the crows in Sri Lanka are really brazen to boost...
phish said…
even if you didn't tell me, i would believe that you could talk to animals.
Pooja the crows in the hindu mythology are our ancestors. so its a good omen to have one of them coming to u. now the only thing is u never know which ancestor the crow is. so u have to keep it happy.
I also talk to any animal including human which are social animals ;)hahaha. Me and my humour.
Pooja crows in the hindu mythology are supposed to be our ancestors and its a good omen to feed a crow. The only problem is that we never know which ancestor it is. So u have to keep it happy.
I also feed crows in mumbai. I talk to all kinds of animals which come in my way including humans which are social animals hahahaha me and my humour, too much.
Pooja Nair said…
Gauri,

wow!!! i love watching squirrels. i wish i can pet one someday...

Phish,

you're no less btw! :)

Hemisha,

Ya i have heard abt the ancesstor bit too. Bottomline - it's a good feeling to feed birds...:)

Popular posts from this blog

Narendra Modi - protector of Hindutva?

The joke in stereotypes

Narendra Modi for PM? - No Thanks!